When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Head tube paint stencil designs for 1937 schwinn models, why were they different?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Fifthcenturycheese

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have a 1937 straightbar that I am currently stripping and discovered the stencil design at the front of the frame. It is like the red Henderson in the included pictures. I have also included another Henderson with a slightly different stencil design. Were they both produced at the same time, were they for different wholesale distributors...why the difference? Thank you for your time, trying to learn all I can about prewar stuff. Mike
1937 paint scheme red.jpg
PICT0092.JPG
1937a.jpg
20220818_184540.jpg

Last edited:
One reason for the bike's different markings was due to builds for a specific jobber or customer like BF Goodrich. Look at the head badges. BFG and some CCSC pieces had special graphics.

Here’s my 1937 C model, no badge when I got it…

57C1CFED-5F94-4266-86FD-2E10A2A5876F.jpeg

Also the tank on that blue bike doesn’t look right. It doesn’t fit the frame, but it was a Schwinn tank I believe. Can anyone help there?

Back