When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headbadge question

-

Boots777.

On Training Wheels
I recently got a vintage bicycle with a metal headbadge "American" . I am attaching a picture, apologies for the poor photo quality.

IMG_20201015_124146.jpg

So what is the question??? Roger
Sorry I sent a second post which hasn't shown up yet, asking for any help as far as the head badge or the bike which says American tourist pro x. I'm just trying to find out the year and the actual brand/ manufacturer. I have searched online to no avail. There is a serial number which came up as 1957 Schwinn Chicago however a local bike guy said that's not correct due to the safety sticker from the '70s, and that it is a Murray only worth about 20 bucks. I just want to figure out accurate information. I have never had such an issue tracking down information on any vintage article there is just nothing about an american head badge. I am also pretty new to collecting vintage items and this is my first bike so I have little to no knowledge in this department.

IMG_20201015_124151~3.jpg

Screenshot_20201018-092526.png

IMG_20201015_124146~2.jpg

IMG_20201015_125214~3.jpg

Sorry I sent a second post which hasn't shown up yet, asking for any help as far as the head badge or the bike which says American tourist pro x. I'm just trying to find out the year and the actual brand/ manufacturer. I have searched online to no avail. There is a serial number which came up as 1957 Schwinn Chicago however a local bike guy said that's not correct due to the safety sticker from the '70s, and that it is a Murray only worth about 20 bucks. I just want to figure out accurate information. I have never had such an issue tracking down information on any vintage article there is just nothing about an american head badge. I am also pretty new to collecting vintage items and this is my first bike so I have little to no knowledge in this department.

View attachment 1286166

View attachment 1286167

View attachment 1286168

View attachment 1286169

Back