When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headbadge question?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I have quite a few different color Schwinn badges, some with colored background, different colored lettering, different sizes. I wondered if there is any method to the maddness? I know the larger sized badges were on some earlier bikes. Do we know if the different colors were offered buy year or did it depend on model and year. Foe example I have a 1962 badge with red lettering as opposed to the black I have seen a lot did all '62s have the same badge? . Any help would be appreciated just for my own knowledge. Thanks

1619805352792.png

I'll have to say it depends on the model(s) and the year(s). The early Corvettes had the large ovals with the letters matching the paint color. My black 58 Corvette doesn't have black letters, they're raw aluminum and then there's the 1959 White Corvettes that had a special badge with a red background.

1619850891768.png

During the first years for the middleweights the Flying Star didn't have the colored letters, it has the background the color of the bike. The early Wasps also had the background the color of the frame since they had the white detailing on the head. When they changed the paint detailing on the Wasp in it's last few years it used a badge with white background and black letters. From the mid 60's on the vast majority had the black letters with the white background.

1619851318045.png

Last edited:
Back