When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headbadge rarity

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Maybe rare?

3428e557.gif

Here is the rarest Schwinn badge that I own. I have and have had several, Ace, Lincoln, Liberty, Century, etc. I think those are the most common of the prewar era and seem to have been used on a national level.

061312115903-1.jpg

From what I understood about Schwinn badges is Schwinn would make a bike for a supplier, hardware store or auto tire dealer. Each badged bike could/would be different based on wants/needs of the contractng company. I don't think you can judge model or factory upgrades based on the name on the Badge. Northwest patrol is the rarest I know of. Although, Greens07 is one I have never seen.

Were MEAD badges on Schwinns? I thought MEAD just contracted out certain work to Schwinn. Like framesets and certain parts. I have a MEAD that looks identical to a Schwinn B10-E, but I just assumed Schwinn made them for Mead and Mead did what they wanted with them.

NOT SURE BUT MEAD RANGERS ARE BAD@SS schwinn bikes ....color and parts choice(s) makes them set apart from the run of the mill. In the end they were schwinn made bikes....

I still can't believe my NW Patrol sold for over $600 on ebay in late 2008, the thick of the recession meltdown.

Crazy thing is it was on a crushed girls bike I bought for it's intact locking fork for $40. Couldn't even see the badge type under all of the house paint until I got home and cleaned it off to see what it was! Score!

nwp1.JPG

Back