When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headbadge rarity

-
Maybe rare?

3428e557.gif

Here is the rarest Schwinn badge that I own. I have and have had several, Ace, Lincoln, Liberty, Century, etc. I think those are the most common of the prewar era and seem to have been used on a national level.

061312115903-1.jpg

From what I understood about Schwinn badges is Schwinn would make a bike for a supplier, hardware store or auto tire dealer. Each badged bike could/would be different based on wants/needs of the contractng company. I don't think you can judge model or factory upgrades based on the name on the Badge. Northwest patrol is the rarest I know of. Although, Greens07 is one I have never seen.

Were MEAD badges on Schwinns? I thought MEAD just contracted out certain work to Schwinn. Like framesets and certain parts. I have a MEAD that looks identical to a Schwinn B10-E, but I just assumed Schwinn made them for Mead and Mead did what they wanted with them.

NOT SURE BUT MEAD RANGERS ARE BAD@SS schwinn bikes ....color and parts choice(s) makes them set apart from the run of the mill. In the end they were schwinn made bikes....

I still can't believe my NW Patrol sold for over $600 on ebay in late 2008, the thick of the recession meltdown.

Crazy thing is it was on a crushed girls bike I bought for it's intact locking fork for $40. Couldn't even see the badge type under all of the house paint until I got home and cleaned it off to see what it was! Score!

nwp1.JPG

Back