When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headbadge rarity

-
I would like to know if this badge was ever used on a Schwinn? If so I really really really want one for my '38 canti deluxe Autocycle!

qare7yve-1.jpg

Dixieland badge

When I bought the Dixieland badge it belonged to a local Schwinn collector that was selling out. I bought everything I could fit in my truck.
At the time I wasn't collecting badges, but began shortly after that. Another badge collector had been sending me some of his doubles for free, so I sent the Dixieland to him.

I later acquired most of his collection and got it back.

It doesn't appear that it has ever been attached to a bike.
The hole spacing is the same as Schwinn.

I still have very little knowledge about badges in general, just the obvious ones that have the bike manufacturer's name on them. From what I can find on the forums and internet, there's not a lot of information in one place.

Can't wait to get a signed copy of Patric, Ed and Scott's book of knowledge when it comes back from the publishers.

Here are some of my rare ones.

Beck & Gregg Hardware "Dixie" On my '39 AutoCycle
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416685692.208316.jpg

"Walco Atlanta GA" on my 1941 Schwinn Autocycle
ary4u8as-1.jpg

"Walco Atlanta GA" on my 1941 Schwinn Girls
eby6a9uv-1.jpg

"Southern Speedster" the badge wasn't attached to a bike but I've seen one on a 41 Schwinn
umu6u9e5-1.jpg

listed

the ones you listed i would say more rare then the others is century and lincoln but there are so many rare badges out there

i listed some of mine below and that does not even touch whats out there... there were 297 that were known that schwinn used from what i was told but who really knows

View attachment 54809

View attachment 54810

View attachment 54811

View attachment 54812

View attachment 54813

View attachment 54815

View attachment 54816
listed

the ones you listed i would say more rare then the others is century and lincoln but there are so many rare badges out there

i listed some of mine below and that does not even touch whats out there... there were 297 that were known that schwinn used from what i was told but who really knows

View attachment 54809

View attachment 54810

View attachment 54811

View attachment 54812

View attachment 54813

View attachment 54815

View attachment 54816
Hello, I've found over 200 Badges used by Schwinn. The model has nothing to do with the Badge name. Who ever was selling the bikes could sell them with known Schwinn Badge names or what ever name they wanted to name it. My favorite name is Kalamazoo Supercycle. They were a Bike shop in Kalamazoo that sold Schwinn's. Barry

KALAMAZOO SUPERCYCLE 02 .jpg

I don't know of anyone that has seen one on a bike. In fact that is the only one I know of. Maybe @aasmitty757 can shed some light on this one. V/r Shawn

I have not personally seen one on a bike . I acquired this badge in a local collector buy out, was one of two loose badges he had. It seems like another Cabe member found another badge like this one in a lesser quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back