When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headlight Light bulbs

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coryplayford_2009

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey gents I blew my bulb on my Motobike headlight anyone know where I can get a replacement?
431bee6d1be9f72215ec46a19972df67.jpg

a26ec19cdeceb3a96848ba0c1ff4fb06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have nos 6 volt single filiment bulbs but the glass bulb part is smaller than the one that you have in your hand but it might do for now.

Ever find that bulb? If not, what #s are on it? I think it says Tung Sol 6v-8v...anything else?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Ever find that bulb? If not, what #s are on it? I think it says Tung Sol 6v-8v...anything else?

No brother I have not and those are the only markings on it just “tung sol fixed focus 6-8v”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think with some research you can find it or replacement. I just saw these two. The eBay one has a ring you'd have to cut off.
Yours is a bayonet base. If you measure (looks like maybe 3/4"?) , call 1000 bulbs they could help.
Other one is for an older 6 volt tractor. My concern would be current draw (less is easier on batteries).
2020_08_31_13.47.10.jpg
2020_08_31_13.49.34.jpg

Don't cut the ring off. We need to see EVERYTHING it says on that old bulb base, not just the little bit in the one picture.

The one with the ring is "american prefocus". We don't want that. A couple of years before american prefocus there were manual focus bulbs that just had a bayonet base. It probably really is the same as some 20s or early 30s car or motorcycle bulb. We can see in the picture that it is a 6v bulb (6-8 volts allows for the charging system in a motorized vehicle). I see "MCP" but no number. MCP should be candlepower. How many candlepower?

Get the number in front of MCP, whatever it is, and go looking for a single-filament bayonet base 6 volt automotive bulb of that many candlepower. You will want something that was intended to be focused, like a headlight, spotlight, or fog light.

When you find one with the same candlepower, you will have a bulb number. Then go online and find a mechanical drawing of the bulb. 1000 bulbs may have that. Tail light king may have that. Don's Bulbs had all that but is gone, although some of the material can still be accessed through the Internet Archive. If you find that the "LCL", a measurement from the top of the bayonet pin to the center of the filament matches, you have found your bulb. If not keep trying bulbs of the correct candlepower until you find it.

Last edited:
Back