When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headlight & Tail light trouble on repop Luxury Liner

-

Hammer

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello all! I am new to the Cabe and I am loving it so far! I used to be a regular on the old schwinn forums and im glad there's actually a decent site now that doesn't require drama/criticism to function, now onto my question; I recently bought a repop 98 Luxury Liner and I can't seem to get the headlight and tail light working ive put new batteries in cleaned the contacts and ive only got a little flash of the bulb so im sure the bulb is ok, im just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows a fix? Any help is appreciated!

Sounds like a poor ground. take a short piece of wire and ground the light to the frame. Steve Doan

It IS definitely a bad ground, the little grounding tab that comes from the battery tray and touches the headlight ring is broken off I had it working last night with a piece of foil bit I need a permanent fix im playing with a ground wire now but im not sure where to make my connection and ground connection? Thanks for the help fellas I feel at home already

This is what I have so far I just dunno where to go from here? Maybe solder it to the old grounding location? Or should I ground somewhere else? Thanks for the input!

Attachments

• 20150306_124126.jpg
    20150306_124126.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20150306_124110.jpg
    20150306_124110.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 33
Back