When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headset for 60s Era JC Higgins

-

Jack Breeze

On Training Wheels
I've restored what I believe to be an Austrian-made 1961 JC Higgins - that's the good news! Unfortunately I don't have a proper threaded top bearing race or lock nut. At least nothing in good enough condition. Anybody happen to have these parts? Would be willing to purchase as part of a fork, if need be. Dying to get this bike back on the road; will learn to speak Austrian if need be.

higgins.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes with domestic or foreign makes and models, it might be helpful to indicate sizes; e.g., diameters (of what) and thread pitch tpi or mm).

Thanks, Archie - you're right! Size conforms to Sheldon Brown's crib sheet: steerer tube outer diameter = 26mm, with 25.4 threads per inch.

I have Austria jc higgins parts frame fork. I think fork steerer around 26mm or so. I can take closer look. Feel free to pm me if needed.

I have Austria jc higgins parts frame fork. I think fork steerer around 26mm or so. I can take closer look. Feel free to pm me if needed.
I'm sure there's some insanely simple way to PM you, J... but I've looked all over and am not finding it. Yeesh!

Back