When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heavyweight Schwinn 3 speed STL Facebook Marketplace $150

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I don't see how the headset bearing cups could possibly date this bike, not at alll. However Yeah, it's actually a decent paint and decall job

Those cups are not on my 47 DX, searched, 48-52 and didn't see them.
This Bike looks like a Opalescent red, factory pin stipes and paint. That chain guard's diagonal tipped lines are the side of a brush tip. That's no painter's quick flip. The pin strips on fenders are perfect. A Spot on front fender happens but usually on chain guards. It doesn't look right but, it's probably from lady stopped turning the wheel they used at factory, ..

The front fender pin stripes are not across too under the cream tip paint, never seen that but the ends are perfect.

The cups on this piece is are squared off compared to the later issues.

1605747748798.png

1605747694444.png

The cups on this piece is are squared off compared to the later issues.
And your point would be? U missed the part where I said: "Those cups are not on my 47 DX, searched, 48-52 and didn't see them." ??
Not only that, U missed seller's reply with serial numbers?
"
"The bikes Serial # is F013319"

That comes up 1952: "0/17 to 10/20 ------- F00001 ------------------ F18958"
Rare is not a word I use lightly, but this bike goes beyond it. I reached out to @Nicks_classic_bikes Nicks_classic_bikes And got more photos .
This bike is a new, last, one of none known Schwinn DX paint design. It's like the new 53 Jag. From paint too everything else completely redesigned. The Jag being fancier canti frame and this a DX version.. Discontinued before it hit the press.

Why the squared bearing cups? Who knows, maybe, along with frame, Schwinn was scraping other discontinued parts.

I was right, the fender braces were changed, not Schwinn but this red pin striping, and white on side of fender, (Photo attached below) is undoubtedly Schwinn factory. 1st time anything like this has been seen on the net. It's the real deal including, baked on Opalescent Red. U see the white on edges of chips and in scratches, The Aluminum coat photographs, unless U adjust camera settings in photo shot, as white. I've tried before, I didn't shoot this but, it always looks/reflects as white in every photo I've taken for an illustration of what' Schwinn's candy is, in Both: Opal and Radiant colors up too; circa 1984 is very tough to show the silvery aluminum except with U naked eyes. .

It's Candy paint: red lead primer coated W/ aluminum base over primer and top coated W/ transparent-translucent red.

Of course the wheels on it are not Schwinn, duh. It would of had Schwinn S2 ballooner rims and New Departure Coaster brake/hub Whoever snatched this bike up from seller, SCORED!!. It's a 1 of none known to exist: Schwinn Factory painted exclusive: Schwinn 1952 DX frame, with new for 1953-4; paint designed/scheme, Opalescent (Candy paint) full size; 26" DX.

And I'd go far enough to say' B/C of serial numbers, mid to late (Oct.) 52); it's of the last 26" DX frames made, that was not painted until1953/4. The same time the 1st 1953/4 Jaguar was made: o_O ;)

aa730e50-7d7c-4044-854c-7622079af337-jpeg.1303386

Last edited:
And your point would be? U missed the part where I said: "Those cups are not on my 47 DX, searched, 48-52 and didn't see them." ??
Not only that, U missed seller's reply with serial numbers?
"
"The bikes Serial # is F013319"

That comes up 1952: "0/17 to 10/20 ------- F00001 ------------------ F18958"
Rare is not a word I use lightly, but this bike goes beyond it. I reached out to @Nicks_classic_bikes Nicks_classic_bikes And got more photos .
This bike is a new, last, one of none known Schwinn DX paint design. It's like the new 53 Jag. From paint too everything else completely redesigned. The Jag being fancier canti frame and this a DX version.. Discontinued before it hit the press.

Why the squared bearing cups? Who knows, maybe, along with frame, Schwinn was scraping other discontinued parts.

I was right, the fender braces were changed, not Schwinn but this red pin striping, and white on side of fender, (Photo attached below) is undoubtedly Schwinn factory. 1st time anything like this has been seen on the net. It's the real deal including, baked on Opalescent Red. U see the white on edges of chips and in scratches, The Aluminum coat photographs, unless U adjust camera settings in photo shot, as white. I've tried before, I didn't shoot this but, it always looks/reflects as white in every photo I've taken for an illustration of what' Schwinn's candy is, in Both: Opal and Radiant colors up too; circa 1984 is very tough to show the silvery aluminum except with U naked eyes. .

It's Candy paint: red lead primer coated W/ aluminum base over primer and top coated W/ transparent-translucent red.

Of course the wheels on it are not Schwinn, duh. It would of had Schwinn S2 ballooner rims and New Departure Coaster brake/hub Whoever snatched this bike up from seller, SCORED!!. It's a 1 of none known to exist: Schwinn Factory painted exclusive: Schwinn 1952 DX frame, with new for 1953-4; paint designed/scheme, Opalescent (Candy paint) full size; 26" DX.

And I'd go far enough to say' B/C of serial numbers, mid to late (Oct.) 52); it's of the last 26" DX frames made, that was not painted until1953/4. The same time the 1st 1953/4 Jaguar was made: o_O ;)

aa730e50-7d7c-4044-854c-7622079af337-jpeg.1303386

You better check the sellers serial against the numbers you posted. Not a 52, you lost a digit somewhere. F with six digits is a 49 number. Repainted and decaled 49 DX.

F013319
You better check the sellers serial against the numbers you posted. Not a 52, you lost a digit somewhere. F with six digits is a 49 number. Repainted and decaled 49 DX.
Oh dam, You're right. Dammit, Since a stroke 18 mo ago, sets of numbers over 4 been screwin wit me.
Spit! Man, have to give the painter credit though. That's some sweet pin striping, hard A,, paint as seller also says the paint is baked on. And it also appears candy, no less? Shesh! Fricken missing link, me thought. Yet, what's missing is me dam brain cells, dammit.. So,

Never mind! [grin]

:eek:

Back