When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello and a little help? :)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nice work on the cleanup! That old chrome cleans up pretty well using various techniques. It looks like yours would clean up fairly well. Plenty of info on the Cabe. I like using the least abrasive methods when cleaning these old bikes up & have had good luck using vinegar to soak heavy rust. A toothbrush with water & Lava soap is usually enough to remove light rust without scratching.

Have fun! That will be sweet when you're finished!

Thanks. May have paid on the high side for it but it was online with other low end balloon tire bikes of the era. I don't re sell anything, I still ride all of my bikes and always source original vintage tires which can be a little sketchy but it just feels right lol.

I have the bike completely disassembled and I'm an re greasing everything and buffing/polishing the paint. That's it.

I would love to locate period correct coaster brake wheels for it since mine are pretty rusty.
you'll be amazed at what a little elbow grease, crumpled up aluminum foil, a touch of barkeepers friend, and water will do to rust on chrome, it also doesn't scratch it.

1685742297015.png

1685742324933.png

Just wanted to post an update on this project. I got the Dixie Flyer put back together but I had to divert my attention to a motorcycle and a few other things. But here's where I'm at... I need to find original NOS grips, original NOS Goodyear tires, repair the rear luggage rack since one of the tabs was broken, and

20230610_184229.jpg

20230610_093817.jpg

20230610_184231.jpg

20230608_101329.jpg

20230610_000316.jpg

20230610_104031.jpg
buy a new chrome trim piece for the Delta Torpedo headlight as mine has dents. I did manage to find a new lense for it. Amazingly, the horn worked immediately as did the headlight. The paint came out ok, looks better in person. It was thin, however, so I couldnt buff it as good as I wanted.

Oh, and the wheels. I would love to find NOS or nice chrome used wheels with the correct coaster break if anyone has a pair.
Would you be interested in a 1952 Huffy ladies Customliner? A few of your parts are identical to the ones on that bike, and I need to sell a few bikes lol. Just thought you might have some interest. Clearly both bikes were made by the same manufacturer

6B50002D-AAFB-40B7-BEBE-3E1F6589DE6F.jpeg

Back