When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello! Here is my 1953 JC Higgins Colorflow Klunker.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jgsb1966

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi! New user out here. Been wrenching on old bikes for about a year or two now and figured I would post some up on The CABE.

Took my '53 JC Higgins mountain biking the other day for the first time after the build. It had been sitting outside for many years and was a bit crusty (but has a beautiful patina). Tore it apart, lubed it all up, and added some new tires/tubes/rim strips to some Dayton Huffman wheels I had laying around. I also used some old rat-trap style pedals, some non-skip tooth sprockets along with a new chain. It did pretty good on the single track. Obviously nothing like a modern day mountain bike but that was half the fun of it.

k1.jpg

k2.jpg

k3.jpg

k4.jpg

k5.jpg

k6.jpg

Very cool! Nice colors on that one too. I’ve just built my first Klunker out of a 1950’s Monark and as you said, not up to modern day capabilities, but that doesn’t effect the fun!

Back