When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hello message and trying to identify schwinn

-
V

vinerello

Hello to fellow schwinn collectors,I am new to the CABE and the world of Schwinns but have been restoring fo 20 or more yrs.Recently i acquired this Schwinn Middleweight but after extensive internet searching i have not been able to accurately date or identify this bicycle.The serial number is B 325982 and from this i think i have dated it as a 1952 built bicycle.Any help in this identification would be most welcome,looking forward to chatting in the future.. pv

Attachments

• 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 69
looks like either an american deluxe or a panther.possibly a fleet.the frame date is feb. 12th,1962.good basis for a project.

Schwinn didn't build middleweights before 1954. and with the half tank, I'd have to say early 60's. So that date of Feb 12th 1962 that Island Schwinn posted is going to be the build date.

Thanks guys for all the replies,it has been very helpful.Going by the info and other stuff i have gleaned from the web i will restore it as a Fleet.Is there a reference page for what equipment should be on such a bike?We don't see these bikes very often in Australia so i will be hoping to get parts from the U.S if possible.Thanks in advance pv

Back