When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello new member from Ontario Canada

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Doublejj

On Training Wheels
Have acquired a older mens bicycle but have not found any SN on it anywhere. Definitely a Murray by the decals but no head tube badge. Rivets are there and unmolested they appear. Former owner appears to have added a front brake and a rear rack. Do not know if seat is original. Paint is I would say 8 out of 10. Rims have knurled centers. All chrome is excelent. Decal on chain guard says Sebring for the model. Single speed coaster brake on rear. Tires original!
A ball park number for the year would be appreciated. Cheers and thanks for any info.

7E6A70AD-F2A2-4839-8131-4EA71F8415C3.jpeg

Welcome! If the serial # is on the head tube, it's an '80s bike. If it's on the rear axle dropout, or on the bottom bracket (BB) where the crank mounts, 1970 or a couple years older. 1971-79 bikes had a BMA/6 certification decal on the seat tube.

Hello and welcome to the CABE. I only recently sold the ladies mate to this bike. Similarly beautiful condition. That bike had a Fitchel & Sachs rear coaster hub. These hubs have a stamped date code that you may be able to use to date the bike. Thought it might of been mid sixties but I don't remember for sure. Seat looks to be a replacement. Mine had a black and white metal pan seat that was quite uncomfortable.
Here is a date stamp chart. I think it's in German but you might be able to get enough from the chart.

Edit: Should've included my source

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the CABE. I only recently sold the ladies mate to this bike. Similarly beautiful condition. That bike had a Fitchel & Sachs rear coaster hub. These hubs have a stamped date code that you may be able to use to date the bike. Thought it might of been mid sixties but I don't remember for sure. Seat looks to be a replacement. Mine had a black and white metal pan seat that was quite uncomfortable.
Here is a date stamp chart. I think it's in German but you might be able to get enough from the chart.
View attachment 1103742
Super info, will check hub as there is stampings on it. I saw your bike and that is what led me here

E7565081-E4F9-4F83-8202-CFB6D66E3362.jpeg

Wow! That's my old bike! Guy's looking to make a huge profit. Certainly won't get what he's asking. I had a garage cleaning clearance sale and probably blew it out for around $25 bucks in a lot of four for $100 bucks. Good luck to him. Good bike karma to me, I got my 62 Schwinn Typhoon a few days later for $40.

Back