When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello. Wanted: Schwinn Deluxe Autocycle, Motorbike, B-6

-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg M.

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello. I am new to the forum here. I am looking for one nice original Schwinn balloon tire bike. I have been collecting other types of Schwinns for over 15 years now and want to scratch this itch I've had to add a nice ballooner to my collection.
When I first started, I was thinking Phantom. The more I looked around and learned about these, the more I liked earlier bikes.
B-6, Motorbikes, and of course the Deluxe Autocycle.
I've done some searches here and elsewere with no luck, so this wanted post.
No big hurry.
Looking for one nice bike. First choice would be original, but would consider something restored. I know this may seem a little vague, but I do not want to exclude a bike I may have overlooked.
Thank you for any help you may provide.

Greg M.

:)These guys aren't as deluxe (or for sale) but the pre and post war DX is a nice bike too

DXess002-1.jpg

DXess009-1.jpg

The itch gets worse...when you get a ballooner, you will want another...then you will want a prewar...then another...then a turn o the Century bike with 28"s, then another...lol

Its kinda of sickness.were up to about a 150 bikes now and still looking

Hello Greg,
Are you still in market for a B-6? Perhaps we can calm that itch of yours. We have a very, very nice un-restored pre-war (1941) red and cream B.F. Goodrich STREAMLINER (B-6) that we might be willing to part with. In the interest of full disclosure, there may have been some minor touch up on the cream on the chain guard by a previous owner. We have owned this particular bike since 1997 and have done nothing more than keep it properly maintained, stored and then ride it perhaps once every 3 or 4 years. This bike is certainly not perfect (but darn close, it is after all 69 years new) but it is far, far too nice to restore. Not pictured are the pedals which are indeed correct and in better than excellent condition, also the kickstand cam pin was replaced so the kickstand does not fall down on its own (you’ll notice in these pictures the k/s is tied up to the chain stay, not necessary now). Pedals, tires, (wouldn’t recommend using the tires and pedals if you are going to ride it much – too valuable), seat, grips etc. are all original and correct even the kick stand is the proper vintage (this model did not originally come with a k/s) This is a supremely nice collectable ride and seems as though it might be the sort of item you are searching for. We are going to try to attach some photos, don’t yet know if or how many we can but feel free to email us for more (and better) if you’d like to. Don’t hesitate to send any questions you might have as well.
Thanks and “enjoy the ride”,
The cycling Gorries

P.S. We also have a pre-war (1941) DX (we see that you like the DX model) in very much the same condition as the above B-6 we might be willing to sell as well!

Attachments

• P1010790..jpg
    P1010790..jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 103
  • P1010803..jpg
    P1010803..jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 69
  • P1010812..jpg
    P1010812..jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 72
  • P1010798..jpg
    P1010798..jpg