When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help a novice with some tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

EDT

On Training Wheels
Hey guys, my grandfather was big into the classic bicycle and scooter scene but unfortunately passed a number of years ago. I have 8 20x1.75 tires that he left behind that I know nothing about. 4 whitewall U.S. Royal Chain and 4 blackwall Uniroyal Chain tires. The whitewalls have some light cracking in places and the blackwalls have none that can be seen. I have no need for them and hope they could go to a good home, but I am curious as to their approximate age and worth. Thanks for the help.

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

Surprisingly the mfg produced this style of tire all the way up through the 60's I believe... same
profile as the early 20th century chain design tires they produced. If these were 20x 2.125
you would find happy homes for them here and GOOD sales$ totals..
Unfortunately the size of these being the narrower profile kills the value
considerably. Maybe start at around 60 a pair for the WW's and a bit less
for the black walls? or go a little higher and accept offers?
good luck

Let me just say now that this was the best beginner's experience I have ever had on an online forum and I want to thank everyone who replied! If only the guys in the automotive world were so informative and polite.

Back