When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help/advice:48 Restoration Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Can tell you from first hand experience that what these guys have said is spot on. While, I have enjoyed collecting pieces for my CT, i have also begun to become rather irritated, too. I have slowly spent a small fortune and have more headaches to come.

Enjoy the bike as is and if you really want it complete then pick up a part every now and then to throw on. Don't try to do it all at once. That is what made my experience less than fun. :)

It is a really NICE bike as is CLEAN and appears OG. There are tips here on how to bring your color out and how to preserve the OG finish.

Just don't paint that frame :rolleyes:
...and can we please send parts offers via conversation? :confused:
Yea, the patina on it is pretty cool looking. Gives it that true vintage look. I'm probably going to eventually paint it though. After bringing it home I've: cleaned the frame, rims ( which I hope are the originals?), cleaned-lubed bearings, polished the chrome. Came out pretty nice looking after a bit of elbow grease. I rode it after ward and it drove well.

Can tell you from first hand experience that what these guys have said is spot on. While, I have enjoyed collecting pieces for my CT, i have also begun to become rather irritated, too. I have slowly spent a small fortune and have more headaches to come.

Enjoy the bike as is and if you really want it complete then pick up a part every now and then to throw on. Don't try to do it all at once. That is what made my experience less than fun. :)
I think your advice is spot on. I'm a semi patient guy. My plan is to buy slowly. I'm also frugal and am going to shop around till I get a fair price on the parts. I realize it's not going to happen over night. It will also give me something to do during the LONG winter in WY. After spending only $25.00 on the bike as it sits. I'm already upside a few $$'s on it which balances the overall restoration cost. Which is my way of looking at it.

Thank you and appreciate the advice!

It is a really NICE bike as is CLEAN and appears OG. There are tips here on how to bring your color out and how to preserve the OG finish.
I do enjoy the way it currently looks. To be honest, I like the " straight off the showroom" Iook more. will have to do some research here on bringing out the color, and other valuable tips. Not familiar with the term " OG?" Thanks for e heads up.

OG = Original [as when left the factory/store showroom].
I do enjoy the way it currently looks. To be honest, I like the " straight off the showroom" Iook more. will have to do some research here on bringing out the color, and other valuable tips. Not familiar with the term " OG?" Thanks for e heads up.

59e95e0fff3b0f51dd882e77d3ed00cc.jpg
63d08d34834f03bced732fc3c048901d.jpg
85ef65d9fc3f87952892c8a7a1ac4014.jpg
da37b68b8a90cd1ce8fefd3c28ef872c.jpg
pix.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
59e95e0fff3b0f51dd882e77d3ed00cc.jpg
63d08d34834f03bced732fc3c048901d.jpg
85ef65d9fc3f87952892c8a7a1ac4014.jpg
da37b68b8a90cd1ce8fefd3c28ef872c.jpg
pix.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

How much?

Brian, Like you I know how you want to restore that bike,,,, I have a couple took 3-4 years to get the parts I needed. here is a picture
Hornet  &   Panther.JPG

Back