When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help again

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

RideFast

On Training Wheels
I just picked this little girls bike up at a garage sale real cheap. Does anybody know anything about it? I'm just hoping it isn't a piece of junk. Please let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Ben

Attachments

• bikes+stewie 037.jpg
    bikes+stewie 037.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 118
some type of a huffy from the 70's. The front fender is on the rear I think

Last edited:
I think the serial number is EHZ 81516 P. Does that make any sense?
Looking at the fender, it doesn't seem to be able to attach to the front fork unless I need some sort of a bracket or something.

I don't think It's a Huffy. It does have the Huffy used daisy front sprocket and maybe even the wheels off of a Huffy, but I still don't think It's a Huffy.

I don't think It's a Huffy. It does have the Huffy used daisy front sprocket and maybe even the wheels off of a Huffy, but I still don't think It's a Huffy.

If it looks like duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, it's a duck!

I think it is a Huffy, I also think that it has been repainted. Try to gently strip that purple paint and let me know the out come. You can also look inside the crank casing (I call it this becuase this is where the crankshaft and bearings go) as well the tube up front where the fork and neck go in.

Why did you buy it? Do you always buy things thinking they might be a piece of junk? You should have left it there for someone wanting a cute little bike.

Pat

I cannot find any signs showing that it has been repainted. It does have a Montgomery Ward sticker on the front of it... if that helps at all.

If it started as #H instead of EH it would definitely be a huffy as that is the the way to date them. Make sure the first symbol is an E and not a number or try to post a good pic of it. If I were to have a huffy rail and its serial was 9H23510398 it would be a 69 Huffy Rail. The first number of a huffy serial is the year and is then followed by an H.

After looking through a 1981 MW catalog, I agree that It may be a Huffy after all. When I'm wrong, I am man enough to admit It. Isn't any need to get like that. From the serial number that was posted, I believe It Is a 79 or 80 model year bike. As far as the serial number being different for a Huffy, some manufacturers (not every time) would stamp part of the said chain stores part number as part of the serial number. That's why I believe you could find a picture of this bike In one of the 79 or 80 MW catalogs. 81516 Is the model/part number and I believe the letter P stands for the year. Kenny.

Last edited:
Back