When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Amy Oleynik Get Her Film Made About Cycling a High Wheel Bicycle Across America!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Please help Amy Oleynik get her documentary movie made about her adventure across America this past year with her father Randy. They road coast to coast on ordinary high wheel bicycles. There is a crowdfunding donation request that ends in a couple days. I believe she needs to get at least $17,000 in pledges or she will not receive anything; and there is just two left to reach the deadline! Please help, every little bit helps, even donations of $10 or $15! Part of her trip was documented in the Wheelman magazine which is fantastic read. I made my pledge!

Click the below link to learn more and to donate:

1627932137-Bike Silhouettes.jpg

Last edited:

At the risk of sounding like "Mr. Wonderful", THIS IS A MOST RIDICULOUS CHOICE FOR DONATING FUNDS, WHEN UNDOUBTEDLY THERE ARE PROBABLY AT LEAST TWO WORTHY CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS JUST WITHIN YOUR LOCAL TOWN OR CITY.
I am certain that Amy & Randy are great, wonderful people, but contributing to help finance a documentary film of their bicycle journey is just beyond stupid!
I would suggest that perhaps folks should consider where DONATIONS can actually do the most good!

If you want to DONATE to something worthy, You Should Consider Donating To The ST. JUDE CHILDREN'S RESEARCH HOSPITAL, in Memphis, TN.
I am sure that you can come up with at least two or three other extremely worthy organizations that could really use your Donations. Perhaps, your local Food Bank, your local Homeless Shelter, your local Animal Shelter, THE RED CROSS, just mentioning a few possibilities.
There is simply no compelling reason why any commercial broadcast or cable network would have any interest in production of such a documentary. If there were any interest in such a cross-country trek documentary, there wouldn't be such a beg-a-thon to try to get it done independently. If there was a compelling reason to produce such a documentary film, there would be serious production companies jockeying for the production rights, well at least one company, and there would already be corporate sponsorship in place. This project is ludicrous.

If our pink friend from Green Acres was practicing an exercise in reverse psychology, it worked.
I ponied up fifteen bucks for the film. We need more movies about our hobby and the deal is,
the better the post production the bigger the audience. He's also right about other worthwhile
causes needing funding as well. That's why I'm out there at least two times a year shaking the
can and giving out Buddy Poppies. But that's my thing and no need to mention that here. 😉

Back