When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help date this please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

randallace

Finally riding a big boys bike
amf roadmaster skyrider - i was told late 50's due to the chain ring , but unsure - cant seem to make out all the serial number - it's lightly stamped

076_zpsbc91d411-1.jpg

071_zps212bbe55-1.jpg

070_zpsbcca0979-1.jpg

069_zpsb522919a-1.jpg

077_zpsa8451103-1.jpg

078_zps769e5be5-1.jpg

079_zps1b7a2154-1.jpg

Last edited:
Someone might be able to nail it down, but I don't think there's a database for serial numbers for Amf, unless it's Murray built, then you're in luck. I'd say early-mid sixties.

If you locate the serial number, you should see a mo, mos,mol, something of that nature. The mo stands for Murray Ohio. Murray Ohio manufacturing co.

Things noticed during the cleaning process - there doesn't appear to be any seat post clamp ? - the stem was frozen into the head tube - managed to get stem out by removing the bolt , but bottom wedge part is frozen in steering tube , tried everything in my arsenal to get it out , heat , oil, force , no dice , wedge will not budge , ideas ? The handle bars and grips cleaned well - back rim is cleaned but hub and bearings still need redone , has side to side play and spokes need tightened and wheel tru'd up - haven't done front one yet - frame is cleaned but rough texture due to rust that was there , wondering if wet sanding would help ? The crank cleaned well - one pedal was busted and half missing so removed them , will look for replacements - gonna take bearings in to match up at the LBS and get new ones - chain is soaking in ATF , has some stretch , but still useful- seat us trashed , gotta figure out what I wanna do there ---

Last edited:
Most likely not Murray made with that type of seat post . Evans bikes of the 60s featured a clamp less seat post that would run a long bolt through the top and would have a stem style wedge. Also the sprocket is familiar of what Evans would have used. Someone else will know for sure.

Badge says cycle division - american machine and foundry - little rock Arkansas ----

image_zps0f95e1b0-1.jpg

image_zps5bb3e35d-1.jpg

I may have to replace the forks if I can't get this wedge out

Last edited:
Back