When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help dating/naming an Old Huffy

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The rear fork end with the 1963 serial number is heavily worn. Perhaps an additional chain link pair (+1”) or a special half-link (+0.5”) might be a workaround to allow the rear axle to bolt on to the rear slot, where it is less worn. Or find some thick fender washers.
I fixed it by welding more metal on then reshaping it. Here is the final product.

Hey everyone. I'm just a beginner in the world of antique bicycles and such and was wondering if you could help me date this Huffy I recently bought and fixed up. Any help/responses are appreciated.

The serial code on the back wheel bracket (?) is c72194. Thanks!

View attachment 497712
I just purchased a huffy and the serial number is HC3353232 any help in determining what year the bike is from?

To date Huffy bicycles, first, you must find the serial number. The first digit in the number is the last digit in the year it was built. Second, you must look for other features or characteristics that would determine it's decade.

Your bike's number starts with "7". This would mean that the year is 19-7. Now, the characteristics and features. You're bike has a sprocket, color scheme, and reflectors that would most likely put it in the 60s or 70s. The missing key is your tire width. You tell me that, I can give you the year. But it is probably a 1967-but tire width will tell for sure.

The name is obvious, it's on the chaingaurd "Easy Going".
The tire width is 26 x 150. It is in good shape.

Hello, I just picked up this super clean huffy. I was trying to figure out the year when I saw this thread. I am assuming with my serial number that this bike is a 62 or 72. I think I would almost lean towards the 72. What are your thoughts? Thanks

Yes, 1972. Probably the last year before the serial number format changed. The BMA sticker and the badge clinch it, as they didn't exist yet in 62. The chainwheel also looks too modern for 1962.

Yes, 1972. Probably the last year before the serial number format changed. The BMA sticker and the badge clinch it, as they didn't exist yet in 62. The chainwheel also looks too modern for 1962.
Awesome. Thanks for the help

Back