When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help determining which Schwinn model this is

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Maurice

Look Ma, No Hands!
IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

Would love some help figuring out what Schwinn model this might be. Serial #H130574. 1951? Can't find a catalog online to compare photos. Seat can't be correct. Rear rack? Could it have had a tank? Picked it up months ago, and just now getting to it.
Thanks much for any help!!!

Last edited:
Yep, looks to me like it was a 1951 B6 model which would have had a tank. Seat is incorrect and would have had chrome S2 wheels which might be the case if that is white house paint on the rims.

I agree, it was/is a B6. The springer fork added to these was an option. Is the rear rim chrome, can't tell? That color says repainted, but it doesn't look like some kid did that and it's darker than the light green Chartreuse on the 53 models.

357f4595-00c6-4ffa-8be2-0d2cd3e25cda-jpeg.jpg

Yep Gary I'm pretty sure too it's been repainted. Decent job by somebody. Ok so it's a B6 model. That's good to know. Did they all have tanks? Were there models that had no tank and white enameled rims?? Wheels are both white. New Departure rear hub. But both rims don't have any Schwinn stampings.... like S2, 4, 7 etc.... if they were repainted white at some point, they removed all the spokes to do it. I dunno. Here's a few photos of the rims.
I really like the front truss rod forks on this Schwinn! Totally cool. They are bent tho. So are the handlebars.

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

To me, your bike looks like a BFG B6 (standard version). It may or may not of had a tank. Its hard to tell as it has been repainted sometime in its life. The grips are not correct. It probably had the original Schwinn ovals or teardrops when new. Have fun with it, as it is a nice sturdy bike!

The B6 models had tanks, rear carriers, truss rods, Phantom style fender light, chain ring and chain guard. There were less equipped cantilever models like the B4 that was minus the tank, carrier and fender light.
The inside profile on that rim looks like an S-2 to my eyes. Painted rims with more paint on top would definitely fill in any stampings. The B6 was always equipped with chrome rims. Not sure if it's the angle of the shot, but the fork looks slightly bent but an easy fix. Great piece for a new project. 👍

Yep, the forks are slightly bent. Local shop has a jig to straighten. Thanks for all the info Gary and all who pitched in with info! Much appreciated.
THANKS!

Upon taking it apart today, I found bent handlebars AND no Schwinn markings. Should there be?? Also the crank is marked WALD...bummer. The stem bolt was stripped and rusted/welded in place. So the cutoff wheel came out today.
Guess I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a set of 26" Schwinn handlebars and a correct crank set for this 1951 Schwinn.

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

Last edited:
Back