When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help for spammers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

37fleetwood

Riding a '37 Fleetwood
I just sent this latest guy around 50 e-mails asking him why he thought it was ok to spam our group. maybe if everyone did they will go away.
p.s. open a new yahoo account or some other so he won't be able to mess with the e-mail account you use.

sounds like a good Idea
im in for it how about we all do it on a certain day and just give him some hate mail or something or I know we can forward all the junk mail you get in your email to him about 50 times or like every day until he agrees to stay out of our forum.

wait I know we can put his name on like another forum and ask every one to spam him ha he'd get so much email it'd be rediculous

Last edited:
solution

Put his car or truck or home for sale on Craigs list.Something rediculous like '02 Escalade for $1,900...............lots of hits

ok lets do it, I'll take this e-mail: [email protected]
you guys take the others. here they are:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
pick any or all of them, remember this only works if he gets flooded.
violent-smiley-010.gif

THERE HE IS! - LET`s GET HIM!

I SAY WE HANG EM HIGH BOY`S!:mad:

just read through this topic and thought i'd add some insight. i've dealt with this issue on my forum numerous times. the problem is that this guy is probably not a real person, but rather a bot.
a bot is a computer that generates fake e-mail accounts and sets itself up on web sites and forums for advertising.
and the hardest part of this is the bots use multiple ip addresses, so banning them is sometimes useless.
and replying or sending them e-mail is a waste of time because the e-mails usually just get deleted off the server they are sent to.
so what can you do?
as an admin, you can set the forum up with e-mail verification, or an encrypted code that needs to be manually typed in by a real person upon sign up to verify that it is not a spammer. admin can/should be able to disable html code if the spammer is posting links or setting up backgrounds in the forum.
every member has an ip address. admins can take the ip address and check it out on the arin (american registry of internet numbers) to see who this spammers isp is. once looked up, there will be an abuse e-mail address or phone number that can be used to report this person. after so many complaints are filed, the spammers isp will usually pull the plug on that persons internet service entirely.
hope this info helps. been there, done it.

Back