When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP:Good price on Western Flyer X53???

-

JohnnyFive

On Training Wheels
FBC01EE3-7CB8-410C-82BF-5333D8C41C4B.png

FF94A8D6-9B8F-4AB1-9B3E-7BB2F8BF8AD0.png

Hello everybody. I am new to the classic bike world and have the chance to buy an X53 without it’s hard to find parts. The price is $400, would that be a fair price for this bike? Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Sum of the parts including 1930s Long spring saddle is worth the 400.00
but if you really want an X53 you can probably find a more complete project
for double that price...maybe missing the light. Seems like mostly complete ones
(maybe missing the light) turn up in the 700 range

I agree with Bob. Only looks like about $100 worth to me. Save your money and buy something more complete. V/r Shawn

View attachment 836869

View attachment 836870

Hello everybody. I am new to the classic bike world and have the chance to buy an X53 without it’s hard to find parts. The price is $400, would that be a fair price for this bike? Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Overall, the price is very good for "as is”.
Complete bikes on average go for much more.
My first bike was a Western Flyer “repo”.
I knew it wasn’t the real thing but the “bike craze” had bitten me after watching
'Back to the Future" plus the price was right for this bike.
I would dust it off, put air on tires and ride it.

Check around, visit antiques shows, eBay, thrift shops and bike shops
even though most of the merchandise is new, put the word out what you're
looking for.

I found a complete Deluxe Western Flyer at a local bike shop that catered mostly
to modern bikes.
It was sitting on the corner gathering dust. The owner told me
nobody wanted it because it was too heavy.
I paid $600 which I paid in installments.
happy 4th.png
When I took this picture, I had removed the front light and chain guard
which I was working on.
I added the bicycle carrier by Wald because this is the way I remembered
my bikes when I was a kid. Every time I ride it, I'm a kid once more.;)

Last edited:
Oh wow, That’s a nice pickup! I will definitely keep my eyes peeled, gotta be patient! The bug just bit me recently after coming across a girls Ross super deluxe on offer up. I had been telling my girlfriend I’d buy her a bike but kept forgetting haha so when I saw it the idea came to restore an old bike instead of buying new. She loved the idea and it gave me something new to learn...2 birds one stone. After scanning the internet I realized just how many amazing bikes are out there and all the history behind them! Now I’m hooked!

Quit while you can! There should be rehab for bike guys like us. It’s like crack, very addictive. That being said, there is nothing like feeling the breeze in your face as you peddle the street on your classic or antique rider. Great feeling and gratification. Enjoy the ride...

Back