When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help, Help. Schwinn front brake axle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Old Ed

On Training Wheels
Greetings to all. I'm currently working on a Whizzer with a 51 Chicago Schwinn frame. It has an Arnold Schwinn front brake with a bad axle. I need to find an axle so I can reuse the race and bearings. This axle is 5 1/2" x 3/8" but the tpi is a mystery. I've tried a 3/8 x 24 tpi and a 3/8 x 26 tpi. Neither work. Both the axle and race are stamped (a s). The nearest match on a thread gauge is a 1 metric. I've read Schwinn manufactured some of their own with non standard specs. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it. Or if you know where I can buy one please let me know. Thanks in advance. ...Old Ed...

Greetings to all. I'm currently working on a Whizzer with a 51 Chicago Schwinn frame. It has an Arnold Schwinn front brake with a bad axle. I need to find an axle so I can reuse the race and bearings. This axle is 5 1/2" x 3/8" but the tpi is a mystery. I've tried a 3/8 x 24 tpi and a 3/8 x 26 tpi. Neither work. Both the axle and race are stamped (a s). The nearest match on a thread gauge is a 1 metric. I've read Schwinn manufactured some of their own with non standard specs. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it. Or if you know where I can buy one please let me know. Thanks in advance. ...Old Ed...
I HAVE A NOS AXLE, CONES, NUTS AND BEARINGS SET.
EMAIL DIRECT: [email protected]

Not sure but there is one drum that has races that can be removed. That would be best thing to do

Back