When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! I am stumped...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Feministthinker

On Training Wheels
Trying to find any information on this tricycle. I can't find anything that looks like it--- because its a tandem. The badge says American but that's all I got. Can anyone tell me anything else? I found this in a basement and bought for $25.

5067248C-E902-497A-9661-69D248AD8C8E.jpeg

AA08CBAE-E32C-4187-BC4C-A7F069D31A04.jpeg

You have a Hettrick American tricycle. They also made single seat and delivery wagon style tricycles, along with sidewalk bicycles. I think most of them you'll find date from the 1940s to 1950s. Not sure exactly when Hettrick started and ceased making children's ride on toys. Hettrick and Hamilton are about the only two US trike makers I know of who built tandem tricycles. The tires on this one are in pretty good condition, still having a lot of tread. Must not have been heavily used.

Here's another Hettrick tandem posted on the CABE before - https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/hettrick-american-2-seat-tricycle.134604/

Dave

Last edited:
Back