When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help i.d. forks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
Can anyone help ID these forks? I saw a set on the 'bay that look similar and listed as "Shelby Shock Eaze"?

I recognize the finned hub as Elgin, but it's just on there to keep them together.

I'd like to know what year and model bike they go on, and if anyone has a photo of a complete bike with these forks?

Much appreciated!

Balloonatic O-O

Shock ease (1).jpg

Shock ease (2).jpg

Shock ease (3).jpg

Shock ease (4).jpg

Shock ease (5).jpg

Shock ease (6).jpg

Shock ease (7).jpg

Shock ease (8).jpg

Shock ease (9).jpg

Shock ease (10).jpg

Looks like as advertised. Shelby had a pre-war patent 2,236,712 in 1939-40, but was a somewhat weak design with right angles.
[The weak spot is the joint just under the bottom bearing cone].
Later in 1950-52, Shelby had a newer patent 2,590,050 resembling other makes, as well as Jimmy Durante.

Last edited:
Looks like as advertised. Shelby had a pre-war patent 2,236,712 in 1939-40, but was a somewhat weak design with right angles. [The weak spot is the joint just under the bottom bearing cone].
Later in 1950-52, Shelby had a newer patent 2,590,050 resembling other makes, as well as Jimmy Durante.

Thanks. Do you know the year and model Shelby these would be found on? Better yet do you have a photo of a Shelby with these on it?

Back