When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help ID'ing my new find... Hiawatha maybe?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

2000dan2000

On Training Wheels
hello all, I recently picked up this rusty old thing on Craigslist, tore it down, cleaned it up, rebuilt the hubs and bottom bracket and am getting it ready for nightly rides with the family... I have been searching and searching online for some info on this but can't seem to find anything like it to guide me. The guy I bought it from had quite a few old bikes around so I'm guessing he at least knows more than I about these old bikes... he advertised it as a Hiawatha. Correct? If so, what year give or take? I'm sure many parts are unoriginal, the front fork is a different color underneath so I doubt it's original, as well as the copper buttons on the front of the tank... but, if anyone could help point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it...

Found the serial on the rear dropouts, think it reads WC 3.827A 325333
Faint painted on (decal) badge on the main seat tube as seen in photo

Thanks in advance!
- Dan

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

Yep that decal is a Hiawatha decal. Not really my area of expertise but looks like a mid '60s Murray built bike. V/r Shawn

I see the serial number starts with WG 3 - 827A; my "three bar cantilever" has a 807A. [Neither to be confused w/ Hiawatha 707, (named after Boeing jets)].

Why is that single digit different; is yours a 1962 and mine a 1960, (just guessing, and based on only 2 bikes)?

Definitely Murray made. The 827 and 807 are part numbers listed in the Gambles catalog just like how the Sears badged Murray made bikes were done.

Back