When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help ID'ing These Tools

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

nycet3

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I bought these tools about 2 or 3 years ago in a small lot of bicycle tools. I've been searching high and low, but cab't ID them.

They pivot and are locked in pkace by a steel pin. In the photos you can see one tool with pin engaged, the other without.

A contoured steel block (for shaping/forming?) is screwed down by means of a T bolt.

A friend thought these may be used to straighten bent & dented rim walks. Sounds reasonable, but if anyone knew for sure what these are for, I could begin sleeping regularly. Thanks, Joe.

Whatever they are, they're cool as hell.

(A common razor knife for scale.)

IMG_6025.JPG
IMG_6026.JPG

IMG_6027.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

IMG_6029.JPG

Wood bench or iron bench dog tools for clamping steel sheets and saw blades.
It can be used for stretching lead came for stained glass windows. Also can be used for jewelry making.

Wood bench or iron bench dog tools for clamping steel sheets and saw blades.
It can be used for stretching lead came for stained glass windows. Also can be used for jewelry making.

Hey,
Thanks a lot for that info. I'll do some research down that alley.

Wow, I'd like to try to press out a curb dent in a drop center rim!??

If they're strong enough, might make a good frame dimpler for Whizzers

They're pretty heavy duty.

When I have a little time I am going to have at a beater rim and see what these tools can do.

They came from the tools of a shop that opened in the late 1920s. I can say with bear certainty that these tools leveraged something bike-related even if they're not specifically bicycle tools.

I think the limiting reagents with these tools are the small rotating T handles. Not a lot of torque there.

Back