When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help id kid bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tobytyler

Finally riding a big boys bike
a guy should me this bike he dosn't know the year or model i told him i'd see if i could find out i'm thinking colson any idea on year and value? check out the clip for the drop stand cool heavy bike to boot. thanks toby tyler

Attachments

• cwc 012.jpg
    cwc 012.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 63
  • cwc 013.jpg
    cwc 013.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 86
  • cwc 014.jpg
    cwc 014.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 64
  • cwc 010.jpg
    cwc 010.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 61
The boys model sidewalk bike could also possibly be an Elgin model. They produced one in 1933 with the same top bar having a bend near the seat post like this one. Their sprocket wheel is identical to this one with the round holes. American also made a smaller bike with curved top bar, but this one look more like the Elgin in a collector catalog I have. The American bikes usually had an arc-like curve instead of a bend in the tube. Gendron was another maker of these small bikes, but tended to have a straight top bar. I don't have any info on Colson bikes of this size to check, so it possibly could be a Colson as you mentioned. The girls bike looks like a Mercury made by Murray based on the head mast nose. I've seen that same head profile on older Mercury tricycles of the early 1940s.

EDIT: Dummy me...I forgot I do have a Colson book. Yes, it could very well be a Colson bike from the same time period of early/mid 1930s. The Colson bike I'm looking at has the same top tube bend and sprocket wheel. So, based on what I've seen, I'd say you either have a Colson or Elgin.

Dave

Last edited:
Back