When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help ID/price a Shelby please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lounging

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hi Cabe

I am interested in this bike and I don't know much about this era type bike. Please give me any information and reasonable price I should pay. Thank you for any help. These are the only good photos provided.

Neat complete bike but I'd say $400. Tires are expensive for these, seat has no leather at all, no grips...no original paint visible, no plating....

Looks like a less common and perhaps earlier shorter frame Shelby of their double drop bar frame motorbike models; and it’s a 28” wheel/tire model. More common are Shelby’s taller 26” balloon tire double drop bar frame models, with a 5” head tube; or later curvy streamlined bikes. Other manufacturers (such as Westfield) made short-frame 28” motorbikes.
Depends what what you like, and how much so.

Last edited:
Lot's of good parts there Bao...Frame may be 30-34. Looks 2b badged a "Traveller"...early version. I am not certain but this frame could have been made by Shelby in both the 28" wheel and 26" size as well? Not much information on this. BUT, I would get this bike if you can agree with the seller around $400 or so. I have one of these unusual tight-bar moto frames in my possession now I am working on. Hard to say with those pics, but it could be the same frame as yours but badged "Flyer" with very similar badge shape and graphics. My frame has WIDE seat and chain stays that may be pre-35 which begs the question...did Shelby begin making frames to fit 28" "balloon" and/or 26" "super balloon" tires earlier than thought? Would like to see more 33-34 Shelby examples. Schwinn seems to be the 1st, but there is debate about that still. It would be great if you could get pics of both the reat stay and fork width....as well as the wheel size confirmed as 28"...

Last edited:
Back