When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help ID this bike please.

-

TurninTubes

Look Ma, No Hands!
All I know is it has wooden wheels, possibly 1800's ? Ex police bike possibly. I dont own it yet, but checking it out soon. Thanks in advance :)
cb289608573ce782d996b5da7f381641.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Emblem, Angola NY, Model 114. The double drop bar frame became popular about 1914.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/pierce-bicycle-serial-numbers.71746/
Pierce catalog 1.jpg Walthour Hood Atl GA Emblem.jpg

Clues are: the reduced diameter truss(?) bar, few manufacturers used such a small diameter; the characteristic truss fork; the Sears Elgin "like" chain ring.
Perhaps examine the holes in the head tube for attaching a head badge; if they are horizontal, on the opposite sides of the head tube, then it may have sported an Emblem badge, such as "Emblem," "Speedwell," "Eire," or "Greyhound," etc. If the holes are more diagonal, the bike may have been badged as a "Pierce" bicycle, a product label acquired from a bankrupt Buffalo NY concern.

Last edited:
1910’s - 20’s based on frame style and truss rod fork.
Wood wheels were still common into the 1930’s I’m told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emblem made Pierce.....another motobike style similar to mine below...Tripple-plate fork crown and HD (thicker) sprocket signifies that this also may be a Walthour-Hood badged heavy service model. Not much known about these so please if you could show the 6-digit(informed guess) serial number on the bottom of the Bottom Bracket Shell...

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/emblem-pierce-motobike-unknown-year.146071/

Please measure the distance between the horizontal badge holes(guessing). Is the measurement 2", 2-1/4" or 2-1/2"? This may tell you whether it is Emblem Badged or Walthour-Hood badged..

Back