When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help ID this bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sulley

Finally riding a big boys bike
Can anyone tell me any thing about this bike.Its belt drive its just missing the belt. Thanks for any help. Sulley

KGrHqZhYE4o24MkVBOY8u4lDOQ60_12.gif

I found a better picture of one.
266319658_630ace8574_z.gif

Last edited:
Hmmm....seems like I've seen one of these somewhere before. That's gonna bug me until I remember where...maybe on an old thread here?

Dave

I should be getting it next week, i will look it over good to see if i can find any ID on it. Keep thinkin. :) Sulley

Found these two photos on photobucket, but still no name associated with them. :(

BeltBike008-1.jpg

JeansGear037-1.jpg

The digging continues...

Dave

Well if nothing else at less i now know there is still 4 of them out there. Sulley

Well i got the bike yesterday, the rear wheel was pretty ruff, i needed to replace it, so i went to the local tractor store and bought two wheels the same, i cut the pully off the old back wheel and welded it to the new one, looks good but i really would like to use the old Firestone tires that were on the origainal wheels, whats the best way to remove the hard rubber tires from a wheel, some one told me to soke them in hothothot water and they should come off, pictures to follow. Thanks Sulley

004-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

011.gif

Sulley, that's the method I've always heard to use - scalding hot to near boiling water for several minutes. It makes the rubber pliable enough to stretch on or off the wheel. I once cheated and replaced a trike tire on a very hot Summer day by leaving it out in the sun for a few hours. It didn't soften it like the water would, but made it just soft enough to pry it onto the wheel without it splitting open. I tried putting a tire on the wheel cold, previous to that attempt, and it split completely open on me.

Dave

All painted and back togiether just waiting for some red handgrips, the back wheel turned out nice, i think i will just use the tires that are on these wheels for now, the only ID i found on it was a #2 on the bottom, there was a faint remnace of a decal on the neck but i couldnt make it out. Sulley

005-1.gif

006-1.gif

0021-1.jpg

Beautiful restoration job once again!:) Is there a belt tension adjustment at the pedal crank assembly, or does the belt have to fit exactly?

Dave

Thanks Dave, it has an acentrice adjuster, it two hafts that the crank shaft gos through and you can adjust the belt tension, very crude but it works, i an looking for a vintage belt for it. Sulley

Back