When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help ID this bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

brassbusterpc

Finally riding a big boys bike
Trying to ID this bike for my boss. He was told this was a 72 Mongoose. Numbers on the the left side are 2739453 right side numbers are G0882. Any HELP would be GREAT as he wants to sell this and do something for his church youth group. Thanks Harvey

Attachments

• Ebay 112..jpg
    Ebay 112..jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Ebay 107..jpg
    Ebay 107..jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Ebay 113..jpg
    Ebay 113..jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Ebay 109..jpg
    Ebay 109..jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 82
I'm not a real big expert on early Mongoose bikes...but if it is legit, and the RIGHT ONE, he could be worth some nice money. The very first ones were built in California, then someplace else, then china, then they got bought out by PacificCycle and built in China. Here are two forums that you could try:

www.vintagebmx.com

OR

www.bmxmuseum.com

Thanks bikesnbuses hadn't got to checking out Schwinns yet but that is what it is. Taiwan made 82 Schwinn Predator. Again Thanks.

WOW! What a find. BMX Museum would be best for Schwinns. Good luck with the sale!

I had a mint one like that, in blue. looks like the money goodies are gone off that one. should have pistol grips, pads, has wrong seat, front brake missing, has wrong wheels completely. bike is worth maybe $75 It should have aluminum center ridged alloy wheels with YOYO20 on them, and the tires have YO cast endlessly in them. Maybe the best move would be to see which kid in the youth group can use it, polish it up and give it to the kid. I would. G0882 Giant, built 8/82

Last edited:
Back