When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help ID this old TANDEM.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

thebicyclejungle

Finally riding a big boys bike
Unknown maker, anybody can ID this tandem? I'm thinking Colson?

101_0421.jpg
101_0422.jpg
101_0424.jpg
101_0425.jpg
101_0426.jpg
101_0427.jpg
101_0428.jpg
101_0429.jpg

I would guess turn of the century. The finders are not original to the bike and the wheels most likely would have been a 28" single tube tire set up in wood. That rear sprocket looks right but is much larger than your standard, I counted about 32 teeth and that might make the bike some sort of racing model. Your standard bike would have about 26 teeth on that sprocket. Good luck with the ID I'm sure someone will have a example of what you have.

I am working on a Colson tandem and I am positive that your tandem is NOT a Colson.

I would guess turn of the century. The finders are not original to the bike and the wheels most likely would have been a 28" single tube tire set up in wood. That rear sprocket looks right but is much larger than your standard, I counted about 32 teeth and that might make the bike some sort of racing model. Your standard bike would have about 26 teeth on that sprocket. Good luck with the ID I'm sure someone will have a example of what you have.

Hmm.. The fenders looks like they came off from a Schwinn. That tandem is so heavy, how will the wood rims hold the weight with the riders? No wonder the wheels / fenders aren't original. Bet they broke and damaged the fenders while racing??

Back