When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help id this old track bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
F

Fixedwheel

I'm trying to help an organization here in town id this track bike. Not much to add to the pictures, other than the stem is a Schwinn.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7959.jpg
    IMG_7959.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_7957.jpg
    IMG_7957.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_7956.jpg
    IMG_7956.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_7963.jpg
    IMG_7963.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_7964.jpg
    IMG_7964.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 182
More pics:

Attachments

• IMG_7968.jpg
    IMG_7968.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_7966.jpg
    IMG_7966.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 126
700c on the wheels....

The fork seems original, based on not much other than similar castings, construction, etc. To my eye, it's a track fork..flat, very little clearance, etc.

Thanks,

Fixedwheel

If intrested in selling the bike contact me at [email protected]

Also what is the bolt in the top of the seat tube, did someone drill a hole in the frame to hold the seat post in place?

Last edited:
I guess is it's a 1930's Schwinn. The seat binder is Schwinn and I am sure I have seen that seat stay eye work on a Schwinn before. The lug cut would be a good clue to someone in the know.

Thanks for the replys.

FTWelder.. Frank The Welder? Yeah the nut is Schwinn, not sure the bolt is. Will have to go back and look.. fairly sure it isn't.

Sam, can you educate me this company Williams? British? Will look for a date code, but didn't see one off hand.

The bike is not mine, and not for sale.

My thoughts were that it is a British machine, but my second guess was Schwinn... so back to square one! I'm about to post to the CR site. It came from Montana, so that's a slight nod to it being a Schwinn. But a British bike living in MT could easily have Schwinn bits added to it over time.

The most interesting bits to me where the lower lug/ht/headset area and fork crown... everything else seemed pretty mundane. The fork tips are vaguley interesting.. slotted inboard as opposed to on center.

Fixedwheel

Back