When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need a tank and a battery can for this 1934 Schwinn Lawlor's B10E.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hello, I just got this bike in the mail today. I need everything! Stainless fenders, an original front wheel (it's a newer Schwinn wheel on there now), a stem, grips and whatever else I'm not thinking of right now. Interesting thing, it has a chrome fork and wooden block pedals? Thanks for any help.

Please PM me, email me at [email protected], call me at Home at 1-208-687-5319 or
Text / call my Cell at 1-509-230-0613. Thank you very much! Barry
1934 Schwinn Lawlor's B10E 01.jpg

1934 Schwinn Lawlor's B10E 02.jpg

1934 Schwinn Lawlor's B10E 05.jpg

20181019_214517.jpg

11-15-18

Well, things are coming along. I got some coke bottle grips in the mail today. I also found a pair of Torrington bars mixed in with the girls bars I have, and put them on with the stem I bought on ebay. Another thing that came in, are the parts for the rear end, so I get to put the wheel back together tomorrow. Still looking for some stainless fenders and a drop stand. Pete sold me a Lawlor's badge with the perfect look for this bike, lots of paint but the look of age.

Lawlor's 03.jpg

20181115_204333[1].jpg

20181115_204341[1].jpg

20181115_204333[1].jpg

20181115_204341[1].jpg

20181115_204356[1].jpg

I'm always looking for any cool bicycle badges that catch my eye.

Last edited:
To bring this up to a B10e will take a lot of work and money.
Right off the top, I think the frame and fork are correct, but to my eye not much else.
The drive train should be skip link. Your chainring, chain and rear wheel/hub look to be post war, as does bars, stem and seat. Also needed is a proper rear rack.
The B10e would include ss fenders, tank, teacup light and battery can, all high priced parts. Also needed is drop stand, clip and correct ears (the drop stand ears are specific to this bike. Mine set me back $100 but you gotta pay for the right parts)
If you haven’t read Shawn Sweeny’s excellent article on the B10e its in the articles section here and well worth the read.
I did a similar build starting with a frame, fork, seat pan, wheel set and not much else. I first took it to a B9, which is the more basic model (painted fenders, no tank, light or battery can) and then collected rhe parts over time for a B10e.
Its well worth the time and energy to build it up proper, but don’t do it unless you’re OK never getting your money out of it. This is a hobby to me and not a business so profit margins are not important. If you have the passion, time, patience and money for a long term build, it’s a great experience.
Here is a before and after of my B10e. Good luck!
BTW, these are excellent riders and my B10e is my favorite bike to show and ride.

FAEE2EE5-9C91-44B7-8616-65BEE4232DB0.jpeg

C991B7FF-FFAB-4E1B-90AA-5FA3FAD95E99.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the front fender is on backwards and neither the B9 or B10e had a chain guard. Good news is the fork doesn’t seem to be bent, a common problem on the old bikes.

I have a catalog showing that chainring as an option. It's the same one used on the Autocycles The date on the crank is 1934. Both fenders, the front wheel, seat and seat post have been changed. the front hub is prewar New Departure. The rear hub is Morrow, and correct. Thanks, Barry

None of the catalog photos show a dog leg crank on a B10. They didn't need it, because they came without a chain guard.

None of the catalog photos show a dog leg crank on a B10. They didn't need it, because they came without a chain guard.
From Shawn's article:
  1. Several different chain rings were used on the B10Es. Some of these were possibly specific to the badge and others to particular retailers. The most common chain ring found on the B10E is the “sweetheart” chain ring. The so called “Aerocycle” chain ring is found on Henderson and Majestic badged bikes. The chain ring shown on the admiral badged bike was also used on Meads and Pullmans. They are all 1” pitch. The crank is a standard 7” Schwinn ‘dog leg’ crank.

I have two, and they both have different chain rings than the Sweetheart. Check it out. Someone put the wrong tank in it, but it is a 1934 Excelsior. The original crank was bent, so I have a dog leg crank in there. All the chrome was painted gold!
I found a photo of what it looked like thirty years ago.

IMG_2094.JPG

Last edited:
What's up with the ducktail front fender on some of the B10's. If you look in the catalog, they don't have the ducktail. They're also chrome in 1933, instead if stainless steel.

Back