When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help ID Frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

41rollfast

Finally riding a big boys bike
Had this sitting in the rafters finally decided to take pics of it.
Has remanents of black or green paint.
The inside of the head tube you can see how the too and down tube are flared out. Too tube seems to be jointed but not brazed, can this frame have been hand made? Or what manufacture is it? Westfield? 1920s?
Any info would help!!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So many of the frames from this time period are so similar that it typically comes down to construction style versus visual appearances. I know Iver stamped serials on the seatpost collar like that. I don't know of any other manufacturer that did, so I would start there.

So many of the frames from this time period are so similar that it typically comes down to construction style versus visual appearances. I know Iver stamped serials on the seatpost collar like that. I don't know of any other manufacturer that did, so I would start there.

Iver's are stamped on the right side of the frame (or earlier were stamped on the bb shell) These Dropouts don't appear to be Iver, but I can't be sure. Iver BB shells are also smaller in diameter than the traditional American Bottom Bracket size.

It does have the appearance of a Iver Johnson Diamond roadster, but then again the bottom bracket isn't the same. Unless some have a regular bottom bracket? Which I doubt.

Yeah, I forgot about the small BB; this definitely looks standard sized. I think 1914 Peerless bicycles were supplied by Davis. They're known for running their serials parallel to the frame on the BB shell, but I don't know if there was ever a time they didn't do that. I think this will be tough with nothing to go by, but there are a few members I can think of who may have something to add.

Back