When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help ID Headbadge for frame?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

GD5877

Look Ma, No Hands!
I picked what I thought was a 1947 Rollfast recently. S/N stamped on bottom bracket is 74 EH. I got a badge seperately on eBay and it has the holes drilled at roughly 1.4” but the frame’s head badge holes are only 1.225.”

From what I can tell, the Rollfast “bullseye” badge appears to have the same hole spacing as the style I have, which leads me to believe that this may not be a Rollfast frame.

Does anyone know what other head badges would fit on this frame?

FRAME:
image.png

BADGE STYLE:
badge.png

Thanks!!

So the EH part of the date-place code might indicate the Excelsior-Hawthorne plant that Snyder acquired.
The more western factory was closer to and had less shipping costs to midwestern cities like Chicago, where Montgomery Ward was based.
My 74EH came with a Hawthorne badge, similar to below.

Not sure if holes are different or same as Rollfast.
And then there is also, Marshall Wells, Duluth Minn., Zenith.

And there may be many others.

Last edited:
I have what appears to be the same frame , I was under the impression mine was a Snyder built Wards Hawthorn. The badge I bought the screw holes were not wide enough. What is the shape of the rear fender mount? Arched with a flat top? The way the top bar almost finishes at the top of head tube the head tubw does not extend much above the bar. That is the same on mine. Maybe we cam both solve a mystery. I can get some pics of mine and badge later today.

So the EH part of the date-place code might indicate the Excelsior-Hawthorne plant that Snyder acquired.
The more western factory was closer to and had less shipping costs to midwestern cities like Chicago, where Montgomery Ward was based.
My 74EH came with a Hawthorne badge, similar to below.
View attachment 1365590
Not sure if holes are different or same as Rollfast.
And then there is also, Marshall Wells, Duluth Minn., Zenith.
View attachment 1365594
And there may be many others.
What is the spacing between the holes on the Zenith badge? Thanks!

I have what appears to be the same frame , I was under the impression mine was a Snyder built Wards Hawthorn. The badge I bought the screw holes were not wide enough. What is the shape of the rear fender mount? Arched with a flat top? The way the top bar almost finishes at the top of head tube the head tubw does not extend much above the bar. That is the same on mine. Maybe we cam both solve a mystery. I can get some pics of mine and badge later today.
IMG-4267.jpg

My rollfast badge fit and the Wards Hawthorn did not. Im not sure if you measured like this but my Hawthorn measures 1.5 inches. The rollfast is slightly bigger.

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

Back