When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Id Pierce

-
Does anyone have the 1914 catalog? This would probably help answer some questions. I'm thinking the clad wheel is a replacement and due to that and overall condition of this bike seriously doubt the "only rode twice" story. My gut says this is not a Racer or Special Racer but a roadster Special model. I'm not sure if the springer fork was available this late. I would say saddle, pedals, and bars are original but bars have been turned upside down. V/r Shawn
I have a Frank Kramer special Pierce. I do know that the racer frames have a different drop out at the back and the BBC cups didn't have dust caps. You can see the bearings. It was stated in the catalogs that the frame was made so chain adjustment didn't change geometry and the open bottoman bracket was for oiling the bearings on the track instead of greasing them. I have pictures of mine here in my profile I believe. I would be happy to chat with you about what I learned and such. There isn't enough info on these bikes out there! Nice pick up! [email protected] is me.

Back