When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help ID prewar schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Alright,

I'll judge this to be the standard roadster 36 C. In evidence I submit flat braces, diagonal downtube, narrow fender, common fender dart (smallish). Plus motorbike tank clearly won't fit. No chain guard present when bought at auction. When I put wanted ad for tank, do I ask for the plain baloney tank or present equipment aside take it up to next level.

Alright,View attachment 1764858
I'll judge this to be the standard roadster 36 C. In evidence I submit flat braces, diagonal downtube, narrow fender, common fender dart (smallish). Plus motorbike tank clearly won't fit. No chain guard present when bought at auction. When I put wanted ad for tank, do I ask for the plain baloney tank or present equipment aside take it up to next level.
is it possible to send us a side view! looks like a tank is in the frame right now. i can see an 'aero' rack.

mike-hands down that is a 'b' frame-as it sits it is a B97 model! (narrow fenders) the part about the tank not fitting-well-two possibilities. the first would be a defective frame-when welded up the tubes were not properly placed in the 'tube mold/guide' and welded up. the clearance for the correct build is very close anyway-when off by just an 1/8" can doom this frame to being a plain jane for life-still a well built frame-just not usable for a deluxe/equipted model. second possible reason for tank not fitting the frame could be the tank is damaged in some way and most often it is rusted along the spine(where it is was tack welded) and is swollen. simple body work can fix that. p.s. not correct tank for this frame anyway-would be correct for a curved down tube model. neat looking bike!

Back