When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help ID the two frames on my "custom" tandem bike.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

49autocycledeluxe

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
my brother found this bike about 20 years ago and gave it to me. it has bent some and is now too low to ride in the back. frame looks to be rusting from the inside out. I don't think it will ever be ridden again in this configuration, though I may cut it up and build a single seat chopper of some sort some day...

just for fun I'd like to see if anyone can ID what these frames were originally. there was a badge on the front but I forgot what it was and sold it long ago. Hawthorne maybe? the only thing for certain is the tandem cranks and gears are Schwinn.

IMG_6621.JPG
IMG_6622.JPG
IMG_6623.JPG
IMG_6624.JPG

nobody?? there was a Firestone badge on the mens bike. I just found it at the bottom of my bike tool/junk box. so that didn't help.

I like your idea to chop it and make it a custom! It would be rad to cut the rear off at the back crank and make a stretched custom, maybe find a cheap occ stingray and use the rear wheel and drop out and put a 16 inch wheel on the front?? Just my thoughts

Aaron

if I do the cut and weld on it, it will be 26":)

I thought the girls half would be easy. I think I have seen one like it here but didn't compare the picture with the bike. this has been hanging right there for 20 years.

Back