When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help ID this Zebra road bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks again All Riders. I am now curious about that Bicycling Buyers Guide for 82-83... I did some citizen racing on Long Island from about 80-83 on a variety of bikes I put together, and had heard of Zebrakenko. Hopefully someone will recognize it; thanks again.

Well, yes I have heard this. But if a 1984 catalog is showing aero shifters and rims, then did Zebra go back to non-aero after? Does not make sense. I think the bike is largely stock from comparing mine with the one on Ebay.

that makes sense to me in regard to the shimano aero hoods--they may have existed in 84 but didn't show up on much until later. Thanks for letting us know the answer to the mystery.

that makes sense to me in regard to the shimano aero hoods--they may have existed in 84 but didn't show up on much until later. Thanks for letting us know the answer to the mystery.

Turns out, thanks to T-Mar at Bike Forums, this is a 1986 Zebra Excelsior.
Hello John,

I beleive that the pictured bicycle is a Zebra Invincia. Not an Excelsior as has been stated on another forum. I have seen a distributors price list and there is no "Excelsior" model for that year.

Some people on forums guess at identifications of bicycles and do not state that they are guessing, but instead present their "information" as factual. Be wary.

Hello John,

I beleive that the pictured bicycle is a Zebra Invincia. Not an Excelsior as has been stated on another forum. I have seen a distributors price list and there is no "Excelsior" model for that year.

Some people on forums guess at identifications of bicycles and do not state that they are guessing, but instead present their "information" as factual. Be wary.

Yes... hard to tell from what's left of the writing on the top tube... Zebra did make an Excelsior, and the writing kind of fits, but Invincia is even closer. Thanks!

Back