When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help idenfying an old dimond frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

patmcclerren2

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello, I am in need of some help possibly identifying this diamond frame, someone who I trust very much is leaning toward davis, the mark I can find on it is on the bb. It measures 23 inches from top of bottom bracket to top of seat tube, thank you in advance for the help

20200530_184417.jpg

20200530_184423.jpg

20200530_184429.jpg

20200607_033300.jpg

20200607_033256.jpg

20200607_033213.jpg

Pat, I was just looking at a Mead Ranger decaled 22" diamond frame, and it had rear triangle plates and side badge holes just like yours.
It had one of those Davis-like 6-digit sideways-stamped serial numbers; (another member thought the fork was Davis-built also).

Note the chain tensioner screw ears, but also how the stays are flush on the outsides, but have a step-joint on the insides.
I guess this one pre-dated when Mead Rangers were golden-brown.

What's something like this worth in the condition it's in, it's straight no dents bends etc. in your opinion

Looks like a Shapleigh badge might fit; and a sideways pitted serial number.
I have seen some Shapleigh ads in from teens through twenties.

The taller 24" road models seem to be earlier.
Might be similar to these examples.

Last edited:
Much appreciated, we're you interested in the great western frame I pulled down? Some of them are just listed to cheap but I don't mind selling something to a very good customer who has helped me, name your price if interested

Back