When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identify fenders

-
Now looking closer at fenders/braces the rivets look new so plausible more modern fender with old braces

Now I see catalog lists them under extras "Racer mudguards and braces of special light design" on page 22 on same catalog. Thanks for clearing that up. Didn't realize they were an option for the racers. Pics?

Now I see catalog lists them under extras "Racer mudguards and braces of special light design" on page 22 on same catalog. Thanks for clearing that up. Didn't realize they were an option for the racers. Pics?
Shown in the 1915 and 1916 catalogs. They were on my 1916. Sold the bike, still have the fenders.

20220317_205059_resized.jpg

No mention of a special racer fender in the 1916 catalog... As far as fenders listed in sundries I would expect they would be the same as the fenders that came on bike. I thought the pre '21 over fenders were flat and they are wider than that. Like these 1916 Truss

IMG_1843.jpg

So does anyone know what the Special Racer fenders mentioned in the 28/29 catalog look like. I guess they are narrower and have wire braces "lightweight" @Mike Rosseau could you post a pic or two of the fenders you have? It's possible they were added to your bike at some point if yours was a teens.

Looks like I can't use these at the moment. If someone is interested, PM me and I'll let the go for what I paid for them.

I do understand that these optional "mudguards" were available on the Model 90 and probably to a lesser degree on the Model 90A. Not sure if they were simply "rounded" or had somewhat of a different profile. I believe the same fenders were used on the "Airlite" line but again not 100% sure. Here is a pic (red bike) of what I believe to be an "Airlite" made to look like a racer (note painted head tube) which may have the same mudguards. The second pic (black bike) is a model 90 Iver Johnson racing bike (note chrome headtube) with the optional mudguards. It's a little difficult to make them out, but jut to show they were offered. Pete in Fitchburg

Back