When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identify frame by chainguard bracket?

-

koma93

On Training Wheels
Just trying to ID this frame before spending too much time on it. Believed it to be a Schwinn Typhoon but the chainguard bracket on the frame is not like others I’ve seen on Genuine Schwinn frames :( any ideas what it could be? Also had the built in kickstand and rear hand brake mounting holes??

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

B78EE9E2-3D94-419B-8067-2AEDD7A96D1C.jpeg

I'm going to update. Since the rear mounting bracket on the Hungarian pieces was on the stamped drop out plate, I'm guessing this is a 2000 era Taiwan Schwinn frame with the bracket welded on an inch or so from the drop out. Position is more visible on the girls frame.

1652830122291.png

1652830370986.png

I'm going to update. Since the rear mounting bracket on the Hungarian pieces was on the stamped drop out plate, I'm guessing this is a 2000 era Taiwan Schwinn frame with the bracket welded on an inch or so from the drop out. Position is more visible on the girls frame.
I'm going to update. Since the rear mounting bracket on the Hungarian pieces was on the stamped drop out plate, I'm guessing this is a 2000 era Taiwan Schwinn frame with the bracket welded on an inch or so from the drop out. Position is more visible on the girls fra

View attachment 1628637

View attachment 1628638
Thank you for this I think you might be right looks like the same bracket and placement. Also has the bigger seat tube diameter than older Schwinns. I bought a vintage Hollywood with the intention of using all the parts off it but quickly realized that the sizes were different on this frame. Wonder what made me think this was something earlier? Well now to find a proper vintage frame for my build! Really appreciate all the fast responses!!

Back