When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identify my 48 please

-

EddieHennessy

Look Ma, No Hands!
This bike was my gfs dad's bike. It's dated to 1948. Missing the head badge. Not sure which one it needs. I scored a new chainguard too. Has the original Springer forks, all AS bolts too.

received_10204642761626900.png

The springer is sprung, toasted, or as they say, bent. With that huge gap between tires and fenders I'd guess it has 24" wheels.

Yep, a 48 Cantilever. You going to fixer up?

Yes that's the plan. It had a 24 in front rim, 26 in back rim. Not sure why. Her Dad has passed on and I'm trying to piece together the puzzle. I also have the original whizzer tank. Has a painted S2 rim with new departure hub , which I thought would be the original one. That's not installed on the bike. Which badge would she need??

Yes that's the plan. It had a 24 in front rim, 26 in back rim. Not sure why. Her Dad has passed on and I'm trying to piece together the puzzle. I also have the original whizzer tank. Has a painted S2 rim with new departure hub , which I thought would be the original one. That's not installed on the bike. Which badge would she need??

Can you see any 'ghosting' of the original badge? Even at that you could use any badge that fits the hole spacing. V/r Shawn

Back