When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identify our Huffy?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Some info..
The light in the front says Delta Electronic Company in Indiana.
The brake says New Departure Model D
The tires are Special IRC Balloon Tyres

Questions..
Is there a place on the frame where I should be able to find the serial number?
My partner wants to clean it up, but I told him in order to keep the patina we should leave it alone. Is there a way to clean it or wipe it down without harming it? Basically what are our first steps in taking care of this bicycle?
Alternatively, could we, possibly decide to have it restore by having it sanded and given a new pain job and new tires?
Basically we just picked it up and would really like to move forward with the project of fixing it up. If anyone has any suggestions we’d be so grateful. Thanks!
Just wash it with a mild detergent like Dawn, then a wax coat.....use chrome polish where needed.....don't paint it, keep it original

The red tape may be from the 1970-80’s, or so, just for reflectivity. Be careful with that, some like to use a heat gun to soften tape adhesive, while removing the tape only; but why not just leave it as is; maybe let the tape fall off when it wants to?

The rear fork ends look like pre-1960’s; and the seat post clamp (integral with the seat post itself) may indicate late-1950’s.

Sometimes the serial number may be found on the left rear fork end; (or on the bottom bracket crank hanger for earlier bikes).

Last edited:
Back