When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identify Purported Swiss Military Bike

-

jimbo53

I live for the CABE
Not really my wheelhouse, so looking to you military bike guys for any help. Was sent this pic that was described as a Swiss military bike, but this is all I have to go on. Leather frame bags looks interesting as does the saddle sititng on the rear carrier, but no idea what the bike is. Any help appreciated!

Hello,
Difficult to say with this only pic, but saddles, front fender, brakes, etc... are not correct.
The leather bags looks like swiss one, but again difficult to say with this only pic.

You can see my swiss bike here:

Or here:

Hope this helps ...

Yes, I’d say Finnish military bike based on some quick research on the CABE. Here is a very similar bike posted by 42 Columbia MG that has been restored. Any idea what size tires this bike would take?

There was a thread on the Finns selling piles of their old bikes on BCUSA a while back. I'm too lazy to find it for you, but there were tons at various prices/condition. In Finland, of course. Seemed much more straightforward in design than the Swiss bikes. I know folks drool over them, but the Swiss bikes always seemed to me to be designed by a country that has no intention of ever actually going to war...

IMHO

Was considering buying it but way too much work stripping off all that tan paint and would have a 6 hr round trip to pick up. If I was into military bikes I might have made the effort, but I'm not. The leather frame bag and tool bag are nice and probably worth more that the $100 price, but again, not into military bikes. Here is the Facebook Marketplace listing for anyone interested. Located in Alto, GA near the GA/SC border off I-85
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...ghtspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

Back