When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identify This Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

alexzazy

On Training Wheels
So I was out and about looking for older vintage bikes for my wife. We went to a local hole in the wall store and found this bike in there parking lot. The wife really liked it so I ended up picking it up for $120. I don't have any idea what the bike is or how old it is. Would anyone be able to help me? I believe it is a Monark.

Bike 1.jpg

Welcome to the Forum! The above Bike is not a Monark. As Mike said above it was Westfield made. Badge on front most likely reads "Columbia."
Nice little Bike-Lots of character- almost 80 years old- make a good rider for your Wife... Good Luck and God Bless,--Cowboy

Awesome, thank you for the replies! I'm looking to restore it to riding condition over the next couple of months. How was the price did I over pay?

Paint ought to clean up pretty good, WD40 and boiled linseed oil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome, thank you for the replies! I'm looking to restore it to riding condition over the next couple of months. How was the price did I over pay?

Nope. Girls bikes do go much cheaper than boys but you can't loose on this fine example.. However before you do anything. make sure you visit the fix or restoration section to learn how to clean it because that bike will shine so good! way better than you've imagined yet. . and beware of touching white paint on fenders and chain guard till you know how. it usually dries so bad it'll just wash off.

Last edited:
Generally agree with the others review the resto section for tips to avoid ruining the original paint. I'd ditch that goofy seat--the correct girls seat is fairly easy to find. I'm also not a fan of linseed oil. A good cleaning followed with a quality wax applied sparingly will protect the finish for years to come. V/r Shawn

These responses are all really helpful. I appreciate the help. I haven't done anything aside from some disassembly of the front end to repair the rust and clean it up. I will be using WD40 and linseed oil to clean up the paint from some of the research I've done. I will be going through the barrings as well. New seat and new hand grips should really be a nice touch.

Back